Excellus BlueCross BlueShield continues its mission of helping people in our communities live healthier and more secure lives through high-quality and affordable health care access. As part of that ongoing commitment, we’re excited to announce that we have partnered with Inside Rx®, an independent company, to provide access to a prescription discount card that offers all of our commercial members and their dependents discounts to help minimize prescription costs that fall outside of their pharmacy plan.
- The Inside Rx prescription discount card is a value-add benefit for our commercial members who currently pay 100% out-of-pocket for certain medications for themselves or their dependents. This offering provides savings on thousands of brand-name and generic medications, with even deeper discounts on over 300 featured brand-name medications.
- Partnering with over 60,000 major retail and independent participating pharmacies, Inside Rx works to secure the best discounts for our members. Commercial members may be able to save up to 80%* on brand and generic medications outside of their pharmacy plan, such as over-the-counter prescription medications.
How Members Obtain a Prescription Discount Card
- As part of the rollout of this new offering, we’re providing access to a comprehensive website, InsideRx.com/EXC, which was specifically built for our commercial members to easily obtain a prescription discount card, utilize helpful tools to find the lowest available price on their medications, and get answers to any questions they may have.
- We’ve also developed a handout on Inside RxOpen a PDF that provides additional information for commercial members interested in learning more about the prescription discount card. For those who don’t have time to go online, this handout has a functional prescription discount card embedded within so that members can start using immediately.
- Once commercial members get their prescription discount card, it’s very easy to use – they can simply present their card with a valid prescription at a participating pharmacy to start saving.