The following SimplyBlue Plus packages will no longer be offered directly through Excellus BCBS or on the New York State of Health (SHOP) Marketplace beginning January 1, 2021:
|Retiring Package||Replacement Package|
|SimplyBlue Plus Silver 4||SimplyBlue Plus Silver 2|
|SimplyBlue Plus Bronze 6||SimplyBlue Plus Bronze 3|
|SimplyBlue Plus Platinum 5||SimplyBlue Platinum 6|
|SimplyBlue Plus Standard Bronze||SimplyBlue Plus Bronze 3|
Blue On Demand has been updated for package comparisons.
The package that will no longer be offered is classified as Uniform Modifications by the NY State Department of Finance.
Details of a Uniform Modification include:
- Impacted groups did not receive an Initial Rate Notice in June.
- Impacted groups will receive an Annual Rate Notice (ARN) 60 days prior to their renewal date.
- The ARN will include a replacement plan that most closely matches the benefits of the discontinued package.
- Groups and members will automatically transition into the replacement package on the group’s renewal date.
- If the group would like to elect a different package, you should work with your dedicated Account Manager.