Our pharmacy team has been closely monitoring the supply of medications that are available during the COVID-19 outbreak. We’re taking several actions to ensure our members have access to clinically appropriate medications.
- Providing early refill overrides. Pharmacists can make the override at the point of sale.
- Waiving early medication refill limits on 30-day prescription maintenance medications (consistent with a member’s benefit plan).
- Ensuring formulary flexibility if shortages or access issues do occur.
- Emergency prescription drug overrides are available as part of our standard exception process on an individual member basis.
- Groups can encourage members to use their 90-day mail order benefit for prescription medications.
Additionally, please be aware that quantity limits have been applied to those drugs being investigated and/or used for the treatment of COVID-19.