Excellus BCBS was one of 500 companies on the Forbes Best Employers for Diversity 2023 list.
- Excellus BCBS ranked 135th overall on the nationwide list
- Excellus BCBS ranked 17th overall in the insurance industry
This was Excellus BCBS’s first time on the Forbes Best Employers for Diversity list.
“Every day, our employees model inclusion, diversity, equity, and access – always working to see, value and empower all people,” said Jim Reed, president and chief executive officer, Excellus BCBS. “We are honored by this recognition, and also acknowledge that when it comes to diversity, there is always more to do.”
The Best Employers for Diversity 2023 were selected based on a survey of about 45,000 U.S. employees working for companies with a minimum of 1,000 employees. The recognition was based on the following criteria:
- Direct recommendations: Survey participants shared opinions on a series of statements regarding age, gender, ethnicity, disability, LGBTQA+ and general diversity in their current workplace.
- Indirect recommendations: Participants belonging to underrepresented groups also evaluated other employers in their industries.
- Data: Companies were evaluated on a range of diversity-related best practices, including the presence of resource groups within the company, the publication of diversity data and more.
The Best Employers for Diversity 2023 award was presented by Forbes and Statista Inc., a statistics portal and industry ranking provider. The full list is available on the Forbes website.
Earlier this year, Forbes also ranked Excellus BCBS as #2 on its 2023 list of America’s Best Midsize Employers.
Forbes Best Employers For Diversity 2023 List
Forbes 2023 List Of America’s Best Midsize Employers